Traditional Chinese Medicine and Women’s Health
Some of the many women’s health conditions that TCM treats are:
- Amenorrhea (absent periods)
- Dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
- Irregular periods
- Long periods and/or Heavy periods
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Perimenopause and Menopausal symptoms
- Thyroid conditions
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Hormonal migraines
- Urinary Tract infections (UTI)
Stress & Fertility: How Acupuncture Helps
Visit our specialist website, Fertility Brisbane for in-depth information on fertility treatments.
- Acupuncture has been shown to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Acupuncture releases endorphins and serotonin, which have a calming effect on the body. These chemicals decrease the physical symptoms of stress by:
- Reducing heart rate
- Lowering elevated blood pressure,
- Relaxing the muscles
- Acupuncture also improves blood circulation throughout the body, which oxygenates tissues and cycles out cortisol and other damaging chemicals
- Most importantly, acupuncture has been shown to rebalance the sympathetic nervous system and the endocrine system, thereby regulating the reproductive hormones that stress negatively affects.
- Women who are treated with acupuncture often report feelings of relaxation, calm and peacefulness and of being energised following treatment.
- Since infertility and its treatment are associated with considerable stress and anxiety, there is significant benefit to be achieved from this part alone.
- Furthermore, there are studies that have reported higher pregnancy rates from IVF when other types of stress reduction and anxiety relieving methods are employed.
NOTE ALSO: That NONE of the studies has shown any detrimental effects attributed to acupuncture, which could lead to a reduction in the success of the medical treatment of infertility by IVF.